So growing up, I never read. I remember Jason and I trying to force ourselves to read...quick story. In UT they had year round school and we were on a different track then the rest of the neighborhood. So when we were off school, no one else was AKA 2 bored kids at home with nothing to do. So, Jason forced me to read. All I remember was sitting on the couch with my book waiting for Jason to turn his page, then, naturally, I’d turn mine. What!? I couldn't let him think I was a slow reader! Moral of the story, i didn't read growing up, just didn't happen.
However, this life style was bound to change when I had a book lover roommate in college (thanks lyssa) who also made/forced me to read. Not to mention my loving husband who was an English major. So yea, I have converted to the reading side and I have to say, I missed out as a kid. Poor lil doss.
The first series I got into, Twilight. (Come on I was in UT, it was everywhere) and I’m grateful for it because I was hooked and it made me love reading. So, getting to the purpose of this blog, I went to the midnight showing of New Moon last weekend with some girls in the ward (I love the ward!) and it was a great movie, much better then the first. Although, there wasn’t quite the same energy in the theater as Twilight’s midnight showing in Heber UT with a theater full of crazy high school girls. Any who, I encourage all to see it, even if you have not read the books it’s just a good movie. But, as always, "the book was much better!" :)
love ya
I'm with ya, Dossy. I never liked reading either. I struggle with it to this day! I just have other more 'important' things to do...like fantasy basketball! ;-)
ReplyDeleteYou didn't mention that you were looking for energy :) I thought you would all laugh at me but I've been on the phone pretty much nonstop all weekend talking to my brother about this movie. Oh and P.S. I've got lots of books if you need more to read.
ReplyDeleteWhatever gets you reading, Darcee. And I saw the movie too and thought it was okay. Even though I'm not in love with it, I would be really anxious to see it if I hadn't already because the previews looked so good. Have you read all the Harry Potters? Love you!
ReplyDeleteok..OKAY! I'll go see it... uuughhh :)
ReplyDeleteYES!!! way to go linz! welcome to the intellectual side of READING!
ReplyDeleteTara, no I have not read Harry Potter although I would like to. I think i'm just waiting for a good amount of time b/c I know they'll be good!
Yeah Dossie! Go girl!! ha ha ps I am STILL on the waiting list for the Book Theif. It is FOREVER!! There are still 9 people ahead of me and I have been on the list for 2 months!!! AHHHH!!! It's killing me! See durign the summer there are almost no waiting list at the library because there aren't any students. But duing the school year everyone is back and stealing all my books!
ReplyDeleteDoss, I'm going through MAJOR withdrawls... I haven't read a book in over a week... :-(
and yes, the book was much better than the movie. But you know what I liked about the movie? NO READING bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
ReplyDeletelol lyssyface! i miss you!!
ReplyDeletekeep waiting for the book theif, worth it!