Lindsay said she gets sick of scrolling down my blog to see "John Mayer anyone?" So I figured I'd surprise her and anywho else who scrolls down!
Let’s see, where to start? Well, for starters Jeremy and I finally purchased our tickets to fly to Salt Lake for the 4th of July! (Even though it cost an arm and a leg!!!!!) I'm VERY excited to spend time with my FAVORITE in-laws/Bowen family in Idaho. Although I am pretty darn sad I'll be missing the IF fireworks, yet again. I hope the Playmill show makes up for it! Not to mention, this year we get a real bed in the cabin! (At least for a few days anyway!) But hey, anything is better than that tent they threw us in from 2 yrs ago.
I am a recently new bike owner thanks to craigslist, amazing! My coworker and I bought twin bikes for $50 each and they're pretty much brand new! I love it! I've only been on a few bike rides, one to the airport and another to the library. It kinda gets lonely w/o Jer tho. We're still trying to find him one. But I have to tell you, there’s nothing that takes you back to the good old days of childhood quicker than a bike ride! Even though my childhood did not consist of me ever going to a library, I still felt young at heart! Ya know what really helped this feeling? The middle schoolers across the street that were hollering at me as I returned my book. Man, nothing feels better then that!!
Speaking of youth, so the other day, actually two Sundays ago, this random lady from my ward (I've never seen her before, but she’s real cute and probably late 20s early 30s) tapped me on the shoulder after sacrament meeting and said something along the following lines, "My husband and I have been watching you and you're just the cutest thing! I can't help to think that you look so young! How old are you?" After being called after Cabbage Patch Dolls and Cindy Lou Who, I'm pretty used to these kinda of comments and I told her I was used to them too. I told her my age (I'll let you guess) yet to everyone else I just can't get past the age of 12.
This was yet again confirmed the following week, as I was walking past the Ford's Theater on my way to work. A kind man was pulling some wires out of the theater in preparation for Mr. Obama's big visit and stopped me saying, "You must work around here cause I've seen you a lot! You and you're little face, you must be nothing older than 12!" Yep there it was again, TWELVE!! Man, I guess it's confirmed...I am the fountain of YOUTH and I'll be 12 forever!!
I hope you liked this entry Lindsay. You should be proud of me, no pictures :)
Thanks for hounding her Lindsay. Much appreciated! And I'll
ReplyDeletebe in SLC for the 4th too! Not that there's ever extra time though...
no kidding! but man that would be AMAZING to see you!
ReplyDeleteYou look older than 12! I promise! But that's pretty amusing! I'm glad you like your bike and have fun in Utah! I miss my darcee!
ReplyDeleteHa I'm so glad that you had a great time and that you finally posted on your blog again. Me too :)
ReplyDelete