Tuesday we found out that Jeremy made the waitlist at Univ of Oklahoma, received a scholarship from Tulsa, and was accepted at Indiana Univ-Indianapolis. Tuesday was a pretty sweet law school day! We've been doing our research on both Tulsa and Indiana and so far if we can get in-state tuition at Indiana after our first year, we'd pick Indiana. Kinda crazy, I never thought I'd ever been thinking about living in Indiana. I had to ask Jer for a map when he told me he got in :) He teases me that I'm gonna learn my geography based on our law school acceptance letters haha he's right. But both cities seem great and the best part about them...real estate is way cheep! Jer keeps emailing me links to 3-4 bedroom houses for $150,000 or so. It's nuts.
This law school news sparked a fun conversation with my boss. I pretty much told him even if we did stay in VA for law school, I'd have to get another job b/c I'd have to make as much money as Jer was currently making to maintain our lifestyle. He didn't like that, but it was good for him to finally come to the light about it lol. I've been throwing my resume out there just to see what happens but no interviews yet.
I had a busy day yesterday at the Strathmore concert hall.
http://www.strathmore.org/

We had a quick practice in the morning, but didn't work out the small lagistics, ya know, like when to stand up and when to keep your music open or closed (may seem insignificant but it makes a difference during a performance). So, our matinee was pretty much...well no, it was our dress rehearsal and we had some hick ups. For example, none of the directors remembered to stand the choir up for any of the songs!! So, they'd put their arms up to get the orchestra ready to start the song when someone in the choir jumped up and got the rest of the choir to stand up too. I think it looked fine to the audience but we were all freaking out! Plus, during the morning practice we realized that a song that was supposed to be just the orchestra actually had a part that we sang. So, we "learned" the song that morning but during the performance...we bombed it! It was so embarrassing! Again, I don't think the audience noticed but we were freaking out. I asked Jeremy what he thought of that specific song and he said, "I couldn't hear the choir very well." I was like, "Yeah that's b/c we didn't know the song!" But, oh well. Nonetheless, the evening show went much better! Overall, it was a great experience and I'm grateful I can share my testimony through music!
We also had a great Thanksgiving weekend! We eat the most amazing food at Talia's brother's house in MD. It was a beautiful house and such a great cozy feeling. The best part about the weekend were the Black Friday sales! Everything at New York & Co and Mens Warehouse 1/2 off! Amazing! We got all our shopping done in these 2 great places. I did get up early, 5:45am, with my neighbor to hit up Target (even tho I didn't get anything) but it was kinda nice b/c no one was there; it was just like any other day at Target.
No comments:
Post a Comment