Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tucson

Well, we moved across the country once again. This time we landed in what Jeremy calls "a resort." He is in love with Arizona and let no time pass before becoming 100% invested in it. He checked out all the cute kid books about AZ so he could learn and appreciate all if it's culture. I'm taking a lil longer to become accustom to it. It doesn't help that we went to the Desert Museum and saw scorpions, a baby and a big rattle snake, and a tarantula while just walking on the path!! Out in the open, roaming free! Not what I want to see when I'm getting used to the desert.

Nonetheless, the weather is finally starting to lower (90s and not 105+) which makes me happy. We have been enjoying our pool right across from our apartment (except when it's late and people decide to have parties! I've learned one thing new about myself; I'm not a light sleeper! I woke up a 2am last week b/c 4 dumb people were talking outside our stairs...go to bed!!) We have also enjoyed having family close by. We've gone boating with Jen & Brad, had body massages with Kayla, Diamondbacks game with all the Bowens, and watched a BYU football game with Corrine and Gary. It's been great! Now all we have to do is make it out to CALI for a much needed trip to the beach and I'll be satisfied (seriously, we need to go! I've been dreaming about going to the beach lately, sad I know).

Jeremy has really enjoyed law school so far. When he's not worried about what kind of grades he'll get or job prospects, he has enjoyed spending all of his time reading cases. He says he finds them interesting, which is good, but he'll now have to add service to the Elders Quorum into his free time as he was just called to be 2nd counselor in the Elders Quorum.

I have already found myself a lovely community choir at the Univ. which will be helpful to keep me busy! I guess this choir mentality was not enough to just be at the community level as I was just called to be the ward choir director. How fun. I am thankful for something to do after work since my job is about as dull as watching paint dry. I feel like an intern doing my lovely data entry work and feel my brain shrinking every day. I have enjoyed listening to books on tape though; they have been my saving grace! I am grateful for the job, nonetheless, as we all know it is a tough economy. I've been toying with the idea of getting a MBA or Masters in Finance, if babies don't come, since UofA has pretty good programs. That would mean I'd have to take the GMAT though so we'll see :)

Ok, that's our update!

2 comments:

  1. Horray for your post! I think you should post all the time at your boring job. Can't you look at the University for another more stimulating job? Let me know which books on tape you love, because I'm all about recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Darc we miss you but I'm glad you're enjoying Arizona!

    ReplyDelete