Sunday, March 13, 2016

Emory's science class

 
I signed Emory and McKelle up for a 6 week class at the Scottsdale library called Fun With Math and Science. It started off with a song, book, stations, song then book. It was Emory's first experience with a structured classroom environment. It took him a few weeks to finally get the schedule but overall I thought he did pretty good. Some days were better than others. Some days I wondered why I was even there but that was just during the book times. The kid just couldn't sit still or didn't care about the book.

The stations were always a success!  Each week had a different theme, our 5 senses, shapes, counting, comparing things, etc. I was asking open ended questions during his play at the stations and he often suprised me at how much he knew. He's really good at applying concepts to everyday play. 

At the end of the 6 weeks he said he was going to miss his science class. They also got a little book bag at the end full of science tools like magnifying classes, tweezers, measuring tape etc. It also had a bug catcher container which we filled walking to the car. It was a fun experience for all of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment