Emory has some recent funny stories I don't want to forget.
I had him "tested" to be a peer mentor for pre-k next year. During the test they ask him colors, how to do physical stuff, and identify feelings etc. During one test about numbers and counting they asked him to count to ten. Then they asked him to count backwards from ten. He quickly stood up smiling and started counting to ten while slowly taking several steps backwards away from his chair. It took a second for me and the tester to realize what he was doing but once we did we did our best not to laugh. We failed badly.
The good news is he passed the test and qualified to be a peer mentor.
Another random story happened one morning when Jeremy was getting ready for work. Per usual Emory is downstairs playing while he showers etc. Well this particular morning, Jeremy walked downstairs to see Emory laying motionless in a laundry basket. Jeremy asked him what he was doing. He replied, "I'm pretending to be dead. I miss Jesus."
During his four year old wellness checkup the doctor sent us to confirm that he has a groinal hernia. When we went to the hospital for the specialist to confirm, Emory had no idea why we were there. When the doctor asked him if he was in any pain he began to list off all his concerns, "I have bruises all down my leg. I just keep falling. I pinched my finger on a ring. I tried to eat a blueberry but threw up. I don't know why, my body just started shaking." The doctor replied, "well I don't know if I can help you with that."
After the visit I told him he had a hole in his stomach and the doctor was going to have to cut him open to close it up. He asked if it would hurt and I said the doctor would give him a mask and it would make him fall asleep so he wouldn't feel anything. After that he only cared about the mask, "where is the mask? What does it look like? Does it cover my nose?" I think he'll be just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment