The past few years we've gone to a community Lutheran church, the same church Emory went to for Bible School over the summer, for their Easter egg hunt. They always have blow up houses, food etc. The kids love it. This year Jeremy's friend from work, Josh, came with us which was fun.
Our ward also had an egg hunt. We were, however, a bit late getting there so the hunt was pretty much over. McKelle started crying when I told her I think we missed it. Fortunately, the ward kids were awesome and "dropped" some more hidden eggs for the two kids to find. They had a good time. The primary kids also sang a few songs afterwards and did great! McKelle was nice and loud and gave me a sweet thumbs up during the performance :)
I spoke in church for our Easter sacrament meeting and had a great response afterwards. It was a neat experience to see how the spirit directed me when preparing the talk the whole way. One night, after attending our adult stake conference session, basically my whole take just came to me! I've never had that happen before. It was pretty cool.
We've been taking a quick 15 minutes or so this week to do something small to remind us of Christ last days here on earth. We reenacted His triumphant entry, visited the temple, died Easter eggs, had a special passover dinner etc. I think the kids have really enjoyed it and it has helped make this season special.
No comments:
Post a Comment