Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fun Fall Plans


Ok, so we didn't end up carving our pumpkin after all, sad I know, but we did make the donuts and although Jeremy said they weren't Crispy Creme...he ate them, so I take that as a good sign! We were also supposed to go to a corn maze this weekend, however, that fell through last minute, bummer again! BUT, we are planning to go camping in Charlottesville, VA this weekend to test out our new sleeping bags (super exciting) REI Siesta +30/+40 Sleeping Bag - Regular at REI.com and see Monticello. For those of you not up on your US History b/c I sure wasn't, Monticello was Thomas Jefferson's house. Should be fun!

We've pretty much confirmed our Thanksgiving plans this year to be the exact same as last year. We had so much fun last year spending Thanksgiving in Knoxville, TN with my Dad that we decided to go back! Jeremy loved TN and who can blame him? Its got all the trees you want with the mountains and snow..perfect! It will be a short trip sadly as I have to make it back for the Mormon Choir's big concert at the Strathmore!! Check it out
Coming to The Music Center at Strathmore

O Come Let Us Adore Him: Mormon Orchestra &  Choir of Washington, DC, SAT., NOV. 27 at 2 & 8PM

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 27 at 2 & 8PM

Begin your holiday season with soaring arrangements of such traditional carols as “The First Noel,” “O Holy Night,” “See Amid the Winter’s Snow” and many more.
Tickets $21–$25 (Stars Price $18.90–$22.50)


Strathmore Ticket Office
M/T/Th/F 10AM–5PM, W 10AM–9PM, SA 10AM–2PM
www.strathmore.org | (301) 581-5100
Groups Save! Call (301) 581-5199

COMPLIMENTARY PARKING!
NO FEES FOR TICKET PURCHASES!

Become a Strathmore Star and Save!
www.strathmore.org/stars or
(301) 581-5145


I also have some fun news from this weekend...I bought my first pair of skinny jeans :) I was super proud of myself for taking a risk since I was confident that I would NOT look good in them. But, I really needed another pair of jeans (I only own one, sad I know, and they were getting a whole in them) and pretty much the only kinds of jeans in the store were skinny jeans, so I had no choice. Plus, they were only $10! Thank you Forever 21! But, I received my much needed confirmation that I too could look good in skinny jeans just yesterday when I was walking out of Marshall's and back to my car. This kind African American male stopped me and said, "Mama, could I ask you a question. Would you ever date a black man?" I was a bit caught off guard but quickly and kindly replied, with a smile, that I was married! He responded, "Oh, cause you just look so purdy." See, ladies, it's all cause of the skinny jeans! :)

Well, that's my post. See, I'm getting better! kiss kiss!

5 comments:

  1. I just don't know how the skinny jeans could beat the light blue choir outfit you're sporting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome that you got picked up in your new skinny jeans! Thats so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I tried to find jeans that were not skinny jeans also but had no luck and caved in. We want to come to your concert!!! Go Darcee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I spotted you in that choir picture, but aren't they a tad bit older than you to be hanging out with them? Ha just kidding. You should see my book club..! But I'm jealous you've found a new volleyball team, depressing! Hope everything is going well with you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always glad to get updated with you and Jeremy's life and all of your experiences. You are great!!

    ReplyDelete