Sunday, May 15, 2016

McKelle turns two!



I can not believe McKelle is having another birthday! She just had a birthday or so it seems. I originally planned to just do something fun together as a family but it was actually easier and cheaper to have a party :) So we did! 

We invited six different family with 1-3 kids over for our first swim of the season. The water was still cold when you first got in but you quickly got used to it. For those who only prefer to swim in water that feels like a warm bath, we also had the hot tub open. 




Seriously, can she be any cuter!?


She enjoyed the frosting on the cupcake then traded it in for some sprinkled covered doughnut holes. She picked the doughnuts out herself. The week leading up to the party, she'd point to the doughnuts and say, "happy birthday!" She was very patient and was richly rewarded. 

The best picture we got of about half the kids at the party. There were 15 kids in total! 


I was very proud of her. She blew out each candle by herself :) It was fun to see her actually get the birthday thing. She'd walk around singing "happy birthday" to herself all day and would randomly say "happy birthday Kelle" the whole week leading up to the big day. She got really excited when she woke up and saw birthday decorations and giggled every time I blew up an "air balloon" for her party. 

I also thought it was interesting that the most popular gift for this little girl was bubbles. She got 6 containers of bubbles! Crazy. 

Happy Birthday McKelle! You are the most pleasant little girl I know. I love being around you. Everybody loves you right away which is easy to do because you smile to any and everyone.  I love that you're only 23 pounds, it makes me feel like I still have a baby. I love even more that you'll still fall asleep in my arms. You have 14 teeth (3 of which just broke through recently) and one more about to break through.  We sure love you and are grateful you're apart of our family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment