A few weeks before Emory's primary program we started to practice and memorize his line, which was "Jesus is a teacher to teaches about God. He loves his mother Mary, his prophets and our bishop." I thought we'd just start by practicing the first sentence but after repeating it like three times he asked what the rest was, which I read to him like once, and then out of no where, he knew the whole thing! He has a great memory.
On the way to church the day of the program, he mentioned how Rodney was going to give him a dollar if he was good. I didn't know at the time but that's his teacher's name. I told Emory no he just needed to be good because that will make Jesus happy to which he replied, "it's too late mom."
During the Sacrament, I told Emory I wanted him to listen with his heart for when he felt Jesus in his heart during the program and that he would have to come down when it was all done and tell me when it was. I said, "is it okay to wave at Mom and Dad?" He said, "yes!" I said, "No, but you can smile really big to us!" When he got on stage he gave us both a big, big smile, which never left. He sat so reverently the whole program and delivered his line so well. I was so proud and very impressed. When it was over he walked down and showed me the dollar in his pocket. I laughed and said, "No. Emory your teacher doesn't need to give you a dollar. Give it back and I'll give you a dollar," which he reminded me about for two days until I finally gave him one. He also shared that he felt Jesus in his heart at the beginning of the program and I said, "that's when I felt him too!" It was a special moment.
After church someone came up to me and said, "Darcee, I was so disappointed after church today." After asking why she said, "I woke up so excited for the Primary Program and thought, 'I can't wait to see what that little Bowen boy does today.' But, he was soo good up there!" We both laughed and I said, "it's amazing what a dollar will do!"
No comments:
Post a Comment