Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween

I think we had a good Halloween season this year. As it got closer to the day, I felt like we hadn't done any of the traditional activities but the several days leading up to it actually fulfilled my Halloween needs. We decided not to go to a pumpkin patch this year. It is usually just too hot outside still and besides that, the kids still haven't been sleeping all that great and so I just don't think we had the energy to tackle it this year.

We did try out painting our pumpkins this year in addition to carving a few of them and I loved it! Emory outlined a jack-o-lantern face on his pumpkin and Jeremy carved it out then Emory painted it. I think it turned out great and we were all very impressed. McKelle picked out her pumpkin and Harrison's at the store and painted hers a rainbow. I painted mine and day of the dead face and Jeremy's carved a Frankenstein face on his. Overall, it was a really fun night!

We also had a great time at the ward trunk or treat. They had a bounce house this year which was fun and a cute game called "wack a deacon." Someone was passing out lightsabers which made the night for Emory. McKelle was a bit tired that night so we ended up fussing and crying by the end of the night. Harrison was all bright eyed and happy and sucking on his carrier until I realized it was time for his dinner, oops! Jeremy was a little disappointed that more men didn't dress up in the ward but it just made his Rocky costume stand out that much more! 

The night of Halloween, McKelle took off running to every house, a girl on a mission. Emory, on the other hand, was staying at every house talking about anything and everything! I was with McKelle for a street and a half while Jeremy stayed with Emory because they were on very different speeds. McKelle finally slowed down after two streets and said, "I'm tired Momma." We made a quick pit stop back at home to put on tennis shoes, empty their already full trick or treat buckets and to grab the stroller. We did another two or three streets before heading back home for another very successful Halloween night! We just love how the neighborhood comes alive on Halloween night. It's just a great community feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment