We went to a Christmas tree lighting this last weekend and McKelle got her play cell phone and said to Grandma, "we're going to a Christmas thing and Santa is going to be there, yipee!"
She loves when Jeremy and I tell stories and has turned into quite the story teller. Lately, while we're eating, I give Emory & McKelle each a choice about something and then I have to incorporate it into a story. Then we each take turns telling a story. McKelle told a pretty funny one that made Emory and I both laugh. It was something like this:
Once upon a time, there was a little girl named McKelle and a purple butterfly and he popped out his eye, then put it back again (Emory and Mommy start laughing). There was another butterfly but he couldn't pop out his eyes. "Hey no laughing, it's not funny. You're ruining the story!" Then some bad people put her in jail. But, a nice person put her out of jail. The End.
This little girl has had a lot of changes in her life lately and we've experienced a lot more emotional highs and lows with her too. We're in the thick of learning ideas regarding sharing and taking turns, problem solving and conflict resolution. It's a lot for a little three year old to practice. So, we've been enjoying the emotional highs when they come and spending some alone time when the lows hit. Thankfully, she's just as cute as ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment