My best friend growing up from Georgia just moved to the west coast. We were lucky enough to stop and visit her for a few days during our summer trip. I hadn't seen her in years so it was really fun to get together and especially to see our kids play together. They all did great!
We spent one afternoon at the Redneck Water Slide. It was at a ski resort where the dug a trench and covered it with a plastic tarp and a water hose. It doesn't look very steep in the pictures but you really flew down it! Emory was very brave and tried out the big slide and did great until a little girl got on behind him too quickly and smashed right into his back while he was standing up. It was actually pretty dangerous and he started crying pretty good.
For awhile he just went down the smaller slide on inner tubes, which was still a really fun slide. But before we went home, he went down the big one again and loved it.
McKelle sat on my lap in an inner tube. She would get fussy doing down and once we stopped at the bottom would say, "I was scared Momma." But every time I started climbing to the top again, she'd always follow and go down again with me. I think she thought it was better to go down the slide again than to be without her Mommy at all, even if it was just for a couple of seconds.
Emory and Graham (5 yrs) played really well together, like he always does with older kids. He thought he was pretty lucky when he found out he was going to have his first sleepover. I was really nervous! But, Graham and Henry slept in bunkbeds while Emory slept on the floor. The first night right before I was going to bed, I heard a little clicking noise in the boys room. It was Emory still awake in bed playing with a little transformer truck at 11pm while the other boys were sleeping. There was another night he woke up and started crying because his water had no ice in it (over nothing) but he went back to bed quickly once he got milk. Overall, the sleeping arrangements went better than expected.


No comments:
Post a Comment